Have you heard that eating fat makes you gain weight and the key to weight loss is to eat low-fat?
Have you heard fat increases your risk of heart disease and raises cholesterol?
Chances are you have heard these nutritional falsehoods and assume that they are true but they are not. In their book, Eat Fat Lose Fat nutrition authors Sally Fallon and Dr. Mary Enig challenge everything you were told about saturated fat, cholesterol and weight loss.
If you still think a low-fat diet is the key to weight loss, you’re going to be shocked when you read this book, because the authors tell us what to eat to lose weight is saturated fats, especially high amounts of coconut oil, to achieve optimal weight and good health.
At the store you will see “Low-Fat” advertised in bold letters to show a product is healthy for you. While it’s true that trans-fats are absolutely to be avoided, natural high-fat foods like avocados and saturated fats are essential to a healthy diet for their various health benefits.
Here Are Top 3 Tips How To Eat Fat To Lose Fat:
The big emphasis for the Eat Fat Lose Fat diet is on coconut oil. This essential oil is high in medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) which increase metabolic rates and lead to weight loss.
It also supports a sluggish thyroid and promotes T3 hormones. Testimonials abound for the slimming effects of coconut oil with many people stating that taking coconut oil was all they did to lose 10-20 pounds.
Fats and Oils:
1. Consume 2-3 Tablespoons of virgin coconut oil per day (start out with 1 Tb and work your way up). You can cook with it or drink in hot water.
2. Use extra virgin olive oil
3. Eat raw cultured butter from grass-fed cows which is rich in CLA, a fatty acid that increases fat burning.
4. Take krill oil/fish oil daily
5. Nut butters – 1 tsp. per day or 12 nuts
6. Use coconut milk in smoothies, curries, recipes.
1. Eat grass-fed beef (high in CLA which promotes weight loss)
2. Organic raised meats and eggs
1. Avocado (rich in essential fatty acids and protein)
2. Lemons and limes
3. Avoid all other fruits are too high in sugar
1. All vegetables are acceptable except for high-starch: potatoes, yams, corn
Michelle took 7 Tablespoons of coconut oil per day and lost 6 pounds in a month without doing anything else. She never felt hungry and her cold hands and feet disappeared.
Leia started taking 3 Tb. of coconut oil a day for four weeks and went from 248 pounds to 222 (lost 26 pounds) and the only thing she changed in her diet was coconut oil.
In conclusion, eating certain healthy fats like coconut oil, coconut milk, essential fatty acids will help you burn fat.
It is important to eat fat every day to help you make cholesterol which is the substrate for hormone production. The fats to avoid are hydrogenated oils and processed oils such as corn oil, vegetable oil, margarine.
There are many myths surrounding fat:
1. Avoid saturated fat because it causes heart disease.
2. Avoid foods with cholesterol because they will raise cholesterol adversely.
3. Keep your cholesterol levels below 200 or it will lead to heart disease.
The data shows that there is no correlation between cholesterol levels, saturated fat intake and heart disease. The drug companies are making it all up to sell cholesterol lowering medication. Follow the diet listed above, and you will never have to worry about your weight or heart disease.