How To Have The Perfect Night In With These 7 Outfits What’s the first thing you take off when you finally settle down after a long day? Do you automatically reach for your favorite Hello Kitty tee? Or is it instinct to kick off your pants and leave it at […]
Shay Mitchell Admitted Makeup Is Not Her Forte, Doing A Makeup Tutorial
Shay Mitchell has shown the world her acting skills but she had yet to debut her makeup skills — until now. Often serving up some serious beauty inspo both on the red carpet and beyond, Shay has now shown off her cosmetology skills — or more, lack thereof — with a full makeup tutorial.
In a new Turn the Beat Around video posted by Cosmpolitan, Shay switched roles with her makeup artist, Ash Holm. In the vid, the Pretty Little Liars star attempted to recreate one of their favorite red-carpet looks on her MUA and, let’s just say, things didn’t go quite as planned.
Starting with the eyes, Shay took out her trusty brushes and began a confident attempt to create a “sick feline cat eye” with a “green sort of smoky eyeshadow underneath” on her MUA. This is apparently one of Ash’s favorite looks she’s done on Shay.
Shay’s determination failed to live up to her actual performance. “My hands shaking,” the actor admitted right before starting with liquid eyeliner, chalking it up to her caffeine intake. “I’ve already had a coffee, maybe two,” Shay quips.
The top eyeliner result? “I’m not mad,” Shay said. But then, she got a little heavy-handed with the bottom liner and emerald shadow. “Honestly it’s the coffee it’s not even my hand,” Shay can be heard saying.
“I heard they’re not supposed to be like, twins — but they’re not even sisters when I do them,” Shay later said, acknowledging the problem she has with eyeliner when doing her own makeup too. “They’re like two random people who don’t know each other, at all, never met.” And same, Shay. Same.
Then, came the eyelash attempt and while hilarity still ensued, they weren’t too shabby! “I’m pretty impressed with that eyelash,” Shay said of her creation. As for Ash’s lips, Shay went the most professional route to select a shade: the “eeny, meeny, miny, moe” route, of course. Though her hand was even more unsteady than earlier on, and the lip liner was pretty much everywhere!
Last but not least? Shay attempted to apply Patrick Ta’s spray highlighter — which, resulted in an f-bomb. The end result? A lopsided, heavy-handed look that, unfortunately, looked nothing like Shay’s red carpet beauty. But hey — at least they had fun, right? Overall, though, we’ll give Shay’s tutorial an A for effort!
It was an emotional evening on Wednesday at Variety’s Makeup Artistry Dinner with Armani Beauty at Sunset Tower in Los Angeles.
Rachel McAdams, Olivia Wilde, Maya Rudolph, Chloë Grace Moretz, and Alessandra Ambrosio were on hand to speak about the close relationships and bonds they have formed with their makeup artists.
The honorees included Carolina Gonzalez, Melanie Inglessis, Kayleen McAdams, Molly R. Stern, and Mai Quynh.
Moretz was only 13 years old when she began working with Quynh. She praised Quynh for helping her take risks on the red carpet while “allowing my personality to come through.”
She said makeup “could be fun, it could be frivolous and it could make you feel confident, powerful and free.”
She went on to recall suffering from cystic acne when she was 15. “Mai never once missed a beat for me,” Moretz said. “She covered it up and she never judged me and she gave me the confidence to be able to go out there and face the world and not feel self-conscious.”
Quynh was so overcome with emotion by Moretz’s remarks that she had to take a moment to compose herself before standing up to accept her award. “I am so glad I get to work with you and you trust me and you make my job so easy,” she said to Moretz.
Olivia Wilde emphasized how close she and Inglessis are, a theme that was repeated throughout the evening’s program. They first met when Wilde was doing press for 2010’s “Tron: Legacy.” “She’s a healer. It’s not makeup, it’s something deeper,” the “Booksmart” director said.
For McAdams, getting her makeup done is a family affair. Her sister Kayleen has been her makeup artist ever since ditching her bachelor’s degree in psychology for a career in cosmetology. The “Doctor Strange” star said their life in beauty began when they were junior figure skaters. Being the older sister, Rachel was the one to apply their blue eyeshadow, purple eyeliner, blush and “gobs of sparkle” for their time on the ice rink. Rachel even burned her sister’s hair with a spiral curling iron. “She was gracious about it all,” she said with a laugh.
Rachel also said of her sibling, “You are truly one of the hardest working women I have ever met and I think you get that from our dad, who shovels the snow off the driveway before it even hits the ground. You are so kind-hearted, you are fiercely loyal.”
Rachel also cracked that studios save money on her press tours because she and Kayleen share the same hotel room.
Ambrosio told Variety that she and Gonzalez first met about 20 years ago on a Bloomingdales’ advertising shoot. Since then they’ve become “best friends,” Ambrosio said. “She’s a truly amazing makeup artist. She…does it all. She’s a best friend who is always there for the ones she loves.”
A tear-eyed Gonzalez said, “I love you. I’ve seen her grow from a teenager to a strong, hard worker with an amazing work ethic.”
The evening, which included remarks from Variety’s group publisher and chief revenue officer Michelle Sobrino-Stearns, concluded with Maya Rudolph presenting to Stern. “I’ve never felt more beautiful inside and out,” the “Bridesmaids” star said. “When we leave each other, I’m nourished and that, for me, is the most beautiful thing about your work. You could really see people and you bring out their natural beauty.”
She went on to say, “It’s not just a friendship. We created this life together and we hold each other up.”
Looking around the room, Stern said, “I am so honored to be a part of this community. I am so honored to be here with all of you, ladies. So grateful.”
If you would like to experience the best of online shopping for men, women and kids, you are at the right place. Samjstore.com is the ultimate destination for fashion and lifestyle, being host to a wide array of merchandise including clothing, footwear, accessories, jewelry, personal care products and more. It is time to redefine your style statement with our treasure-trove of trendy items. Our online store brings you the latest in designer products straight out of fashion houses. You can shop online at samjstore.com from the comfort of your home and get your favorites delivered right to your doorstep.
Be it clothing, footwear or accessories, samjstore offers you the ideal combination of fashion and functionality for men, women, and kids. You will realize that the sky is the limit when it comes to the types of outfits that you can purchase for different occasions.
- Smart men’s clothing– At samjstore you will find myriad options in smart formal shirts and trousers, cool T-shirts and jeans, or kurta and pajama combinations for men. Wear your attitude with printed T-shirts. Create a back-to-campus vibe with varsity T-shirts and distressed jeans. Be it gingham, buffalo or window-pane style, checked shirts are unbeatably smart. Team them up with chinos, cuffed jeans or cropped trousers for a smart casual look. Opt for a stylish layered look with biker jackets. Head out in cloudy weather with courage in water-resistant jackets. Browse through our innerwear section to find supportive garments which would keep you confident in any outfit.
- Trendy women’s clothing – Online shopping for women at samjstore is a mood-elevating experience. Look hip and stay comfortable with chinos and printed shorts this summer. Look hot on your date dressed in a little black dress, or opt for red dresses for a sassy vibe. Striped dresses and T-shirts represent the classic spirit of nautical fashion. Choose your favorites from among Bardot, off-shoulder, shirt-style, blouson, embroidered and peplum tops, to name a few. Team them up with skinny-fit jeans, skirts or palazzos. Kurtis and jeans make the perfect fusion-wear combination for the cool urbanite. Our grand sarees and lehenga-choli selections are perfect to make an impression at big social events such as weddings. Our salwar-kameez sets, kurtas and Patiala suits make comfortable options for regular wear.
- Fashionable footwear – While clothes maketh the man, the type of footwear you wear reflects your personality. We bring you an exhaustive lineup of options in casual shoes for men such as sneakers and loafers. Make a power statement at work dressed in brogues and oxfords. Practice for your marathon with running shoes for men and women. Choose shoes for individual games such as tennis, football, basketball and the like. Or step into the casual style and comfort offered by sandals, sliders, and flip-flops. Explore our lineup of fashionable footwear for ladies including pumps, heeled boots, wedge-heels, and pencil-heels. Or enjoy the best of comfort and style with embellished and metallic flats.
- Stylish accessories – samjstore.com is one of the best online shopping sites for classy accessories which perfectly complement your outfits. You can select smart analog or digital watches and match them up with belts and ties. Pick up spacious bags, backpacks, and wallets to store your essentials in style. Whether you prefer minimal jewelry or grand and sparkling pieces, our online jewelry collection offers you many impressive options.
- Fun and frolic – Online shopping for kids at samjstore.com is a complete joy. Your little princess is going to love the wide variety of pretty dresses, ballerina shoes, headbands, and clips. Delight your son by picking up sports shoes, superhero T-shirts, football jerseys and much more from our online store. Check out our lineup of toys with which you can create memories to cherish.
- Beauty begins here – You can also refresh, rejuvenate and reveal beautiful skin with personal care, beauty and grooming products from samjstore. Our soaps, shower gels, skin care creams, lotions, and other Ayurveda products are specially formulated to reduce the effect of aging and offer the ideal cleansing experience. Keep your scalp clean and your hair uber-stylish with shampoos and hair care products. Choose makeup to enhance your natural beauty.
samjstore.com is one of the best online shopping sites in the world which could help transform your living spaces completely. Add color and personality to your bedrooms with bed linen and curtains. Use smart tableware to impress your guests. Wall decor, clocks, photo frames, and artificial plants are sure to breathe life into any corner of your home.
AFFORDABLE FASHION AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
samjstore is one of the unique online shopping sites where fashion is accessible to all. Check out our new arrivals to view the latest designer clothing, footwear, and accessories in the market. You can get your hands on the trendiest style every season in western wear. You can also avail the best of ethnic fashion during all festive occasions. You are sure to be impressed with our seasonal discounts on footwear, trousers, shirts, backpacks and more. The end-of-season sale is the ultimate experience when fashion gets unbelievably affordable.
Another reason why samjstore is the best of all online stores is the complete convenience that it offers. You can view your favorite brands with price options for different products in one place. A user-friendly interface will guide you through your selection process. Comprehensive size charts, product information and high-resolution images help you make the best buying decisions. You also have the freedom to choose your payment options, be it card or cash-on-delivery. The 30-day returns policy gives you more power as a buyer. Additionally, the try-and-buy option for select products takes customer-friendliness to the next level.
Enjoy the hassle-free experience as you shop comfortably from your home or your workplace. You can also shop for your friends, family and loved ones and avail of our gift services for special occasions.